Written by May 7, 2013 | Posted in: Conservatory cost| Published
Conservatories have become more and more popular in the UK because the housing market is struggling and extensions are a cost-effective way to add space and value to your home. In fact, the average conservatory will increase property value by over £9,000, giving you the extra room to support a growing family too.
With a range of styles available too, homeowners have the opportunity to personalise their conservatory and create something unique. Designs include Victorian, Edwardian, lean-to and bespoke.
With a conservatory there are plenty of options for the homeowner. The space can be used for whatever you need, from a dining or living area, to a playroom or home gym. When house prices have stagnated, one of the best ways to add value to your home is with a conservatory.
In fact, because of the costs associated with moving home, including stamp duty and payments to solicitors and estate agents, it’s much cheaper to stay and improve rather than relocate.
A conservatory is one of the best ways to add value to the home and gives you extra space immediately to use for whatever you need.
- Conservatory prices supply and installation cost – £8,720
- 3mx3.5m Edwardian conservatory prices – £8,600
- uPVC lean-to conservatory with 16 square metre floor space – £9,000
The conservatory prices listed above are intended as a guide only. With a range of styles and materials to choose from, get a price for your conservatory by comparing quotes from up to four companies in your area.
The benefits of a conservatory
There are a number of benefits associated with installing a conservatory. These would include:
- Adding value to your home
By having a conservatory installed you’ll add over £9,000 to your home’s value. Conservatories are an excellent way to increase property value in the current tough housing market.
- Creating extra space
Conservatories are one of the best ways to create extra space in the home. The beauty is you can convert the extra space into whatever you need in your home, whether it’s more living space or a playroom for the children.
- A great access to the garden
With up to three quarters of the conservatory installation made from glass, an extension allows you to have an excellent place to admire your garden. On top of this, patio or French doors will open up the space and offer excellent access to the outside world.
Facts & Figures You’ll Love To Share
- Extending your home with a conservatory or orangery will add thousands of pounds to the value of your property.
- An extension is preferred to moving home, because of the cost of estate agents fees, solicitor payments and stamp duty.
- With dozens of styles and designs you can set your home apart from the crowd with a stunning conservatory.